If you’re attempting to find the means to update your Bothell rental property, upgrading your lighting is a great starting point. Installing new lighting can make your rental look prettier and more appealing to potential tenants, increase the value of your property, and can be beneficial to you to keep your rates competitive. This blog post will talk about a few types of lights you need to install in your rental property and why they are really important. We’ll furthermore give tips on choosing the right light fixtures for your needs.
Types of Lighting
When it comes down to lighting your rental property, you should install three primary types: ambient lighting, task lighting, and accent lighting.
Ambient Lighting. Ambient lighting is light that fills a room with wide illumination. This kind of light is key for making a space feel comfortable and pretty. It’s also beneficial for safety to help avoid trips and falls. You can put ambient lighting in your rental property by adding ceiling lights, wall sconces, or floor lamps.
Task Lighting. Task lighting is meant to cast light on specific room areas where people work. This kind of light is great for establishing a well-lit workspace and reducing eye strain. You can make use of task lighting in your rental property by adding desk lamps, pendant lights, or track lighting.
Accent Lighting. Accent lighting is most often chosen to highlight specific features of a room or to create the desired ambiance. This sort of light can accentuate architectural features, artwork, or furniture. You can easily use accent lighting in your rental property by adding recessed lights, track lighting, or wall sconces.
Choosing the Right Lighting Fixtures
When picking the ideal lighting fixtures for your rental property, it’s fundamental to choose fixtures that are durable and easy to keep clean. This can make light fixtures last longer and make maintenance worry-free over the long run. Additional factors you should also consider include:
- The size of the room: Always keep in mind to pick out fixtures that are proportional to the size of the room.
- The style of the property: Find fixtures that complement the style of your property.
- The wattage of the bulbs: Make certain to get bulbs with the appropriate wattage for each fixture.
- The color temperature of the light: Choose a light bulb with a comfortable color temperature for tenants.
- The price: Choose fixtures that fit your budget.
Benefits of Upgrading Your Light Fixtures
Upgrading your light fixtures can have many perks for property owners, including:
- Increased property value: Adding new lighting can improve the appearance and value of your rental property.
- Attracting more tenants: New lighting can make your rental property more alluring to potential tenants.
- Keeping rates competitive: Upgrading your lighting can be beneficial to you and effectively keep your rental rates competitive.
Installing new lighting in your rental property can certainly enhance the look and feel of your space. It can help increase the value of your property and attract more tenants. By making use of the helpful tips in this blog post, you can right away choose the appropriate fixtures for your needs.
Still, upgrading your rental property raises countless relevant questions. If you’d love some expert advice on upgrades that will bring you the biggest return for every dollar you spend, contact one of our professional Bothell property managers. You can call 425-209-0252 or contact us online.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.